Calatonia® Basic Training I
Facilitator/s: Anita R Blanchard & Ana Rios/Leda Seixas/Vivian Nassif
Date: April 4th – 6th
Fri 7:00 – 9:30 pm
Sat/Sun 9:30 am – 6:30 pm
Saturday Evening Sound Bath Experience 6:45-7:00 pm
Place: Wyndham Hotel Boca Raton
1950 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431
Toll Free: 1-800-465-4329
Fee: $375.00 – Light Lunch and Refreshments Included
Early bird Registration Fee: $340 through March 1st, 2020
Limited number of participants
The 2½-day introductory training offers hands-on experience in learning, applying, and receiving Calatonia, as well as theoretical information about the history and development of Calatonia & Subtle Touch method, its clinical applications, ethics and psychological bases.
Guidelines for using the Calatonia protocol are covered in great detail, and this section also includes a basic reflection on the underpinnings of Calatonia, with information on the latest developments on skin-touch research.
After this initial training, participants will have sufficient practice and theoretical information to integrate Calatonia into their practice at an entry level.
The time allocated for hands-on practice is 70%, and the theoretical component makes up the remaining 30%.
This training does not authorise participants to teach the method. For information on this topic: Requirements for Becoming a Calatonia Facilitator and Trainer
Note to Participants
Training in Calatonia & Subtle Touch offers a unique opportunity for professional learning as well as personal development. Participants usually report a boost in self-confidence, mutual trust and acceptance, sense of safety, respect for each person’s pace, and an appreciation for gentleness and non-invasiveness in somatic therapy.
The results of group work are usually highly positive, as group energy and dynamics can enhance the individual’s capacity for self-development and deepen the participant’s somatic and psychological processes.
For this reason, it is essential and highly recommended that participants be involved in their own psychotherapy, before and/or during the training.
Participants will receive a Training Brochure.
Blanchard, A. R., Rios, A. M. G., & Seixas, L. P. (2019). Calatonia: A Therapeutic Approach that Promotes Somatic and Psychological Regulation. Miami, FL: Alma Street Enterprise.
Delmanto, S. (2008). Subtle Touches: Calatonia. São Paulo, SP: Summus Editorial.
Farah, R. M. (2017). Calatonia – Subtle Touch in Psychotherapy. São Paulo, SP: Companhia Ilimitada.
Blanchard, A. R., Rios, A. M. G., Seixas, L. P. (2010). The Body in Psychotherapy: Calatonia and Subtle Touch Techniques. In Raya Jones, Body, Mind, and Healing After Jung: A Space of Questions, Chapter 13. London, UK: Routledge.
Please complete the form if you would like to register for one of our courses and we will be in touch shortly to confirm availabilty.
Cancellation Policy for Professional Training
If you have already registered for one of our professional trainings, and you are no longer able to attend it, our cancellation policy is as follows:
• We offer a refund minus a $75-dollar admin fee up to 30 days prior to your scheduled training date
• A 50% refund after that up to two weeks prior to the scheduled date
• No refund within two weeks of the training date
To cancel your registration according to the cancellation policy, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Cancellation”, your name and date of training and registration.