Subtle Touch™ Training for Child Psychotherapy: 11th – 13th December 2020

Subtle Touch™ Training for Child Psychotherapy

Training Details

Facilitator/s: Anita R Blanchard & Ana Rios/Irene Crespo
Date: 11th – 13th December 2020
Time:
Fri 7:00 – 9:30pm
Sat/Sun 9:30 am – 6:30 pm
Saturday Evening Sound Bath Experience 6:45-7:00 pm
Place: Wyndham Hotel Boca Raton
1950 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431

Tel: 1-561-368-5200
Toll Free: 1-800-465-4329
www.wyndhamboca.com

Fee: $375.00 – Light Lunch and Refreshments Included
Early bird Registration Fee: $340 through October 31st, 2020
Limited number of participants

Training Description:

This 2½-day training offers hands-on experience in learning, applying, and receiving somatic techniques to use individually with child patient. The theoretical part includes the developmental basis of this practice, its applications and the ethos of working with children.

The techniques are easy to apply, playful at times, and very enjoyable to both therapists and children. This somatic work has been used with great success to treat children and adolescents in psychotherapy, as well as in educational and institutional settings.

Some of the techniques can be taught to parents to improve non-verbal communication and appropriate expressions of needs between children and parents, or between siblings. The objective in this case is to bring awareness of the somatic interweaving that happens spontaneously among family members, not only in infancy and attachment phase, but throughout childhood (and adulthood).

In addition, these techniques are effective in preparing for or giving closure to other trauma-based interventions, such as EMDR, because of its nurturing and soothing qualities.

Lastly, participants will be able to relate Calatonia to the Six Core Components of complex trauma intervention for children (Cook et al., 2005), namely, the promotion of:

  1. Safety
  2. Self-regulation
  3. Self-reflective information processing
  4. Traumatic experiences integration
  5. Relational engagement
  6. Positive affect enhancement

The time allocated for hands-on practice is 70%, and the theorical component makes up the remaining 30%.

This training is suitable for those professionals who are already working therapeutically with children, it is not a basic training in Child Psychotherapy.

Participants are required to have taken the Calatonia Basic Training first.

This training does not authorise participants to teach the method. For information on this topic: Requirements for Becoming a Calatonia Facilitator and Trainer

Note to Participants

Training in Calatonia & Subtle Touch offers a unique opportunity for professional learning as well as personal development. Participants usually report a boost in self-confidence, mutual trust and acceptance, sense of safety, respect for each person’s pace, and an appreciation for gentleness and non-invasiveness in somatic therapy.

The results of group work are usually highly positive, as group energy and dynamics can enhance the individual’s capacity for self-development and deepen the participant’s somatic and psychological processes.

For this reason, it is essential and highly recommended that participants be involved in their own psychotherapy, before and/or during the training.

Participants will receive a Training Brochure.

Suggested literature:

Blanchard, A. R., Rios, A. M. G., & Seixas, L. P. (2019). Calatonia: A Therapeutic Approach that Promotes Somatic and Psychological Regulation. Miami, FL: Alma Street Enterprise.

Delmanto, S. (2008). Subtle Touches: Calatonia. São Paulo, SP: Summus Editorial.

Farah, R. M. (2017). Calatonia – Subtle Touch in Psychotherapy. São Paulo, SP: Companhia Ilimitada.

Blanchard, A. R., Rios, A. M. G., Seixas, L. P. (2010). The Body in Psychotherapy: Calatonia and Subtle Touch Techniques. In Raya Jones, Body, Mind, and Healing After Jung: A Space of Questions, Chapter 13. London, UK: Routledge.

Registration

Please complete the form if you would like to register for one of our courses and we will be in touch shortly to confirm availabilty.

Cancellation Policy for Professional Training

If you have already registered for one of our professional trainings, and you are no longer able to attend it, our cancellation policy is as follows:

• We offer a refund minus a $75-dollar admin fee up to 30 days prior to your scheduled training date
• A 50% refund after that up to two weeks prior to the scheduled date
• No refund within two weeks of the training date

To cancel your registration according to the cancellation policy, e-mail training@calatoniainternationaltraining.com with the subject line “Cancellation”, your name and date of training and registration.